The Flint Barn Restaurant
Quality Local Sussex Produce
Our Michelin Recommended Restaurant
Enjoy an English menu, freshly prepared by our chefs from local Sussex produce
We warmly invite you to The Flint Barn Restaurant to sample our quintessentially English menu. Our chefs evolve the menu with the changing seasons to incorporate seasonal, local and organic produce to create delicious dishes for you to enjoy. Please see our sample menus below.
We always have a vegetarian option on the menu and we are happy to cater for food intolerances and allergies.
Accompany your meal with a glass or two of beautiful English wine. Our restaurant wine list changes each week so there is always something new and different to try.
Our restaurant is also available to book for exclusive use, day or evening, for small parties of up to 20 people. Please contact us to see an exclusive use menu.
For bigger parties of up to 90 people, our modern Green Oak Lodge has a superb ground-floor piano room that can be hired for any special event.
To make a restaurant reservation or to enquire about holding a special event, please call 01323 870164.
Restaurant Opening Times
Tuesday – Sunday, 12noon – 3pm
Friday & Saturday, from 6:30pm
- Wild Boar & Venison Salami, Smoked Pork Loin, Dry Cured Beef, Dressed Rocket, Rémoulade & Fresh Bread
- Potted Beef Bacon, Toast, Gherkins
- Heritage Tomatoes, Pickled Radish, Baby Spinach, Goats Curd & Sunflower Seeds Salad
- Seashore board - Whitebait, Tempura King Prawns, Crisp Squid Tentacles, Wasabi Mayonnaise, Dressed Baby Leaves
- Lamb Loin, Belly Croquette, Crushed Jersey Royals, Roast Baby Vegetables & Shrewsbury Sauce
- Beef Burger, House Baked English Muffin, Smoked Colston Bassett Stilton, Dry Cured Bacon, Caramelised Onion, Fries & Dressed Salad with Pickles
- Deep Fried Haddock Fillet, Minted Peas, Thick Cut Chips & Tartare Sauce
- Mushroom & Roquefort Strudel, Truffle Cream Sauce, Wilted Spinach
- Rhubarb & Orange Chilled Soup, Poached Strawberries, Thick Yogurt
- Roasted Strawberry Bavarois, Dandelion & Burdock Jelly, Strawberry Ice Cream
- Ice Cream & Sorbet Selection from Award Winning Sussex Ice Cream Company
- Great Sussex Cheese Selection, with Quince Jelly, Nuts & Apple Pieces
This is a Sample Dinner Menu, Please Call for our Latest Seasonal Menu.
- Creamed Soup of Roast Beetroot, Horseradish Crème Fraîche, Freshly Baked Bread
- Pheasant Breast Wrapped in Bacon, Quince Sauce & Wilted spinach
- Lamb Shank Croquette, Onion Ketchup & Mint Yogurt
- Sussex Blue Cheese, Poached Spiced Pear, Spinach, Candied Hazelnut & Citrus Dressing
- Mussel Broth, Coconut Thai flavours, Freshly Baked Bread
- Venison Steak, Fig & Sweet Sherry Sauce, Celeriac Puree, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
- Baked Leeks, Sussex Blue Cheese sauce, Garlic & Garden Herb Crumble, with Crushed Potatoes
- Slow roasted Belly of Pork, Barley, Mustard & Lentils Savoy Cabbage Parcel, Thyme & Wine Jus
- Crisp Skin Haddock Fillet, Butternut Squash & Chickpea Curry, topped with Yogurt, Red Onion & Coriander
- Game Pie, Puff Pastry, Creamed Mash, Autumn Vegetable Medley, Juniper Berry sauce
- Baked Apple, Rum Raisins, Oat Crumble & Vanilla Custard
- Buttermilk Pannacota, Blackberry Compote, accompanied with Shortbread
- Three Chocolate Cheesecake & Coffee Sauce
- Puff Pastry, British Plums, Crème Pâtissière & Sugar Glaze
- Selection of Sussex Cheeses, Celery, Grapes & Sussex Chutney