The Flint Barn Restaurant
Quality Local Sussex Produce
Our Michelin Recommended Restaurant
Enjoy an English menu, freshly prepared by our chefs from local Sussex produce
We warmly invite you to The Flint Barn Restaurant to sample our quintessentially English menu. Our chefs evolve the menu with the changing seasons to incorporate seasonal, local and organic produce to create delicious dishes for you to enjoy. Please see our sample menus below.
We always have a vegetarian option on the menu and we are happy to cater for food intolerances and allergies.
Accompany your meal with a glass or two of beautiful English wine. Our restaurant wine list changes each week so there is always something new and different to try.
Our restaurant is also available to book for exclusive use, day or evening, for small parties of up to 20 people. Please contact us to see an exclusive use menu.
For bigger parties of up to 90 people, our modern Green Oak Lodge has a superb ground-floor piano room that can be hired for any special event.
To make a restaurant reservation or to enquire about holding a special event, please call 01323 870164.
Restaurant Opening Times
Tuesday – Sunday, 12noon – 3pm
Friday & Saturday, from 6:30pm
- Cream of Broccoli Soup, Crisp Bacon, Sussex Charmer Cheese Biscuit
- Grilled Asparagus, Rapeseed Mayonnaise, Free Range Duck Egg & Watercress
- Weald Smokery CharcuteriePlatter- English Wild Boar & Venison Salami, Kassela & Smoked Beef with Celeriac Remoulade, Baby Spinach, Radishes, Fresh Homemade Bread
- Prawn, Lobster and Crayfish Cocktail, Little Gem Lettuce, Avocado, Orange, Toast & Butter
- Brighton Blue & Leek Bread and Butter Bake, Thyme, Garlic cream & Rocket
- Peppered Fillet Steak (6oz), Grilled Gem Lettuce, Bois Boudrin, Triple Cooked Chips
- Roast Duck Pie, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Jersey Royal New Potatoes, Plum Wine Sauce
- Pan Seared Sea Trout, Pepper, Courgette and Chorizo Ragout, Patienter Potato
- Plaice Fillet Rolled with Salmon Gravadlax, Parsley Mashed Potato, Shellfish Fricassee, Samphire
- Spinach and Ricotts Gnocchi, Sage Butter & Watercress
- Rhubarb, Apple & Blueberries set in their own juices, Vanilla Panacotta, Oat Crumble.
- Mixed Melon with Tequila & Lime, Mint Sorbet
- Baked Banana and Greek Yoghurt Pudding, Honey Drizzle, Chopped Walnuts
- Ice Cream & Sorbet Selection from Award Winning Sussex Ice Cream Company
- Great Ussex Cheese Selection, with Quince Jelly, Nuts & Apple Pieces
This is a Sample Dinner Menu, Please Call for our Latest Seasonal Menu.
- Creamed Soup of Roast Beetroot, Horseradish Crème Fraîche, Freshly Baked Bread
- Pheasant Breast Wrapped in Bacon, Quince Sauce & Wilted spinach
- Lamb Shank Croquette, Onion Ketchup & Mint Yogurt
- Sussex Blue Cheese, Poached Spiced Pear, Spinach, Candied Hazelnut & Citrus Dressing
- Mussel Broth, Coconut Thai flavours, Freshly Baked Bread
- Venison Steak, Fig & Sweet Sherry Sauce, Celeriac Puree, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
- Baked Leeks, Sussex Blue Cheese sauce, Garlic & Garden Herb Crumble, with Crushed Potatoes
- Slow roasted Belly of Pork, Barley, Mustard & Lentils Savoy Cabbage Parcel, Thyme & Wine Jus
- Crisp Skin Haddock Fillet, Butternut Squash & Chickpea Curry, topped with Yogurt, Red Onion & Coriander
- Game Pie, Puff Pastry, Creamed Mash, Autumn Vegetable Medley, Juniper Berry sauce
- Baked Apple, Rum Raisins, Oat Crumble & Vanilla Custard
- Buttermilk Pannacota, Blackberry Compote, accompanied with Shortbread
- Three Chocolate Cheesecake & Coffee Sauce
- Puff Pastry, British Plums, Crème Pâtissière & Sugar Glaze
- Selection of Sussex Cheeses, Celery, Grapes & Sussex Chutney