The Flint Barn Restaurant
Quality Local Sussex Produce
Our Michelin Recommended Restaurant
Enjoy an English menu, freshly prepared by our chefs from local Sussex produce
We warmly invite you to The Flint Barn Restaurant to sample our quintessentially English menu. Our chefs evolve the menu with the changing seasons to incorporate seasonal, local and organic produce to create delicious dishes for you to enjoy. Please see our sample menus below.
We always have a vegetarian option on the menu and we are happy to cater for food intolerances and allergies.
Accompany your meal with a glass or two of beautiful English wine. Our restaurant wine list changes each week so there is always something new and different to try.
Our restaurant is also available to book for exclusive use, day or evening, for small parties of up to 20 people. Please contact us to see an exclusive use menu.
For bigger parties of up to 90 people, our modern Green Oak Lodge has a superb ground-floor piano room that can be hired for any special event.
Read Reviews on TripAdvisor
Restaurant Opening Times
Tuesday – Sunday, 12noon – 3pm
Friday & Saturday, from 6:30pm
- Watercress and rocket soup, crisp oyster mushrooms, matchstick potatoes (g,d)
- Grilled squid marinated in coriander , ginger , chilli & garlic , curry and mango , mayonnaise , dressed salad ( m,f)
- Wild mushrooms, tarragon cream , warm croissant , melted Brighton blue cheese( g,d)
- Crab and salmon caviar ravioli, micro herb salad , basil butter ( g,e,c)
- Honey Roast duck liver pate, warm brioche , kumquat marmalade , dressed salad (d)
- Seaford bisque, poached cod, salmon and smoked haddock bites, prawns & mussels , saffron diced potatoes ( g,d,f,sh,m)
- Pan seared duck breast , squash and Stilton gratin, honey and rosemary sauce ( d,g)
- Lambs liver , bubble & squeak, crisp pancetta , sage gravy ( d )
- Sweet chilli & ginger tofu steak , sweet potato and spinach curry , beet , fig and orange raita (d)
- Wild seabass fillet , red pepper , courgette & chorizo ragout , herb parmentier potatoes ( g,d)
- Pinapple , mango , coconut and chia seed pudding ( ve)
- Brioche & marmalade bread and butter pudding , Sussex cream (d)
- Pecan and Apple fritters , sweet cheese , chocolate sauce
- Selection of Ice Cream & Sorbet
- Great Sussex Cheese Selection with Quince Jelly, Nuts and Apple Pieces