Sample Wedding Menus
Autumn Menu 2016
Our head chef, Austin Gould, is pleased to offer our 2016 locally sourced & seasonal menus for you to choose from.
Please select a menu for the entire party consisting of 1 first course, 1 main course and 1 pudding (omitting either the first or pudding course for a 2 course meal) plus a vegetarian choice for any named vegetarians.
If you would prefer to offer your guests a choice of 3 dishes from the first and main courses (e.g. meat/fish / vegetarian) there would be an additional charge of £3 per person.
If creating your own menu is of interest to you, Austin would be happy to talk through a menu with you.
Served with fresh home made bread rolls- either plain, herbed or sun-blush tomato
- Spiced parsnip & apple soup with parsnip crisps (v)
- Classic prawn cocktail with crème fraiche and granary bread
- Pressed duck terrine with a plum jelly.
- Chicken & chorizo salad with toasted hazelnut dressing
- Mozzarella, Puy lentil, sun blush tomato and garden herb salad (v)
Served with either roasted baby potatoes or Potato Dauphinoise and a choice of 2 vegetables from our list
- Slow roasted belly of pork, sage & apple, with parsnip puree
- Breast of chicken stuffed with sage & pear, roasted & served with a wild mushroom sauce
- Shepherd's or cottage pie
- Roast rib of Sussex beef with potato & horseradish mash, Yorkshire pudding & red wine gravy
- Poached salmon stuffed with saffron creamed leeks
- Roast squash & beetroot strudel with either tomato or creamy mushroom sauce (v)
If you would like us to serve your wedding cake as the pudding this would be at a cost of £3 per person
- Sussex cheese plate (3 sussex cheeses, biscuits, fruit & chutney)
- Treacle tart and fresh local cream
- Bramley apple crème brulee
- Eton mess with Autumn berries
- Dark chocolate brownie with fresh cream
- Plum & almond tart
Your Main Course is served with either roasted baby potatoes or Potato Dauphinoise and a choice of any 2 of the following hot vegetables
- Braised shallots with thyme
- Roasted autumn vegetables
- Braised winter greens, smoked bacon wholegrain mustard
- Cauliflower cheese
- Honey roasted parsnip and carrots
- Spiced red cabbage, apple & cider
- Broccoli with almond butter