Sample Wedding Menus
Winter Menu 2016
Our head chef, Austin Gould, is pleased to offer our 2016 locally sourced & seasonal menus for you to choose from.
Please select a menu for the entire party consisting of 1 first course, 1 main course and 1 pudding (omitting either the first or pudding course for a 2 course meal) plus a vegetarian choice for any named vegetarians.
If you would prefer to offer your guests a choice of 3 dishes from the first and main courses (e.g. meat/fish / vegetarian) there would be an additional charge of £3 per person.
If creating your own menu is of interest to you, Austin would be happy to talk through a menu with you.
Served with fresh home made bread rolls- either plain, herbed or sun-blush tomato
- Celeriac & Bramley apple soup (v)
- Smoked haddock, spinach & wholegrain mustard gratin
- Winter mushrooms in a garlic butter sauce served with a warm croute (v)
- Pressed smoked chicken, piccalilli & toast
- Tart of Golden Cross goat’s cheese on roasted winter vegetables (v)
Served with either roasted baby potatoes or Potato Dauphinoise and a choice of 2 hot vegetables from our list
- Roast Sussex turkey with cranberry stuffing, baby sausages and roast gravy
- Rosemary infused roasted lamb rump with celeriac mash and redcurrant wine sauce
- Local pheasant breast stuffed with pork & cranberries served with a cranberry wine sauce
- Fillet of Hake served with an English white wine, cream or butter, sauce.
- Roasted haunch of venison with a root vegetable mash and served with a shallot and red wine sauce
- Leek, red onion & thyme tart (v)
If you would like us to serve your wedding cake as the pudding this would be at a cost of £3 per person
- Caramelised passion fruit tart
- Chocolate and cherry roulade with cream
- Crème brulee with crisp almond biscuit
- Spiced apple crumble and served with cream or proper custard
- Sticky toffee pudding with a caramel sauce and cream
- Sussex cheese plate (3 sussex cheeses, biscuits, fruit & chutney)
Your main course is served with either roasted baby potatoes or Potato Dauphinoise and a choice of any 2 of the following hot vegetables:
- Braised shallots with thyme
- Roasted winter vegetables – i.e. pumpkin, parsnip, carrots, leeks, red onion, turnips
- Braised winter greens
- Cauliflower cheese
- Spiced red cabbage, apple & cider
- Broccoli with almonds